The Interstate 10 Broadway Curve improvement project will cause the most trouble for drivers over the weekend.
A construction map from the Arizona Department of Transportation that covers Friday, Oct. 21, to Monday morning, Oct. 24, lists several projects with the main ones affecting travel to and from Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix as well as a number of freeway ramps in Tempe.
Here is a list of projects planned this weekend:
- Westbound I-10 will be closed between US 60 and State Route 143 near Sky Harbor from 10 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday for I-10 Broadway Curve work.
Westbound US 60 ramps to westbound I-10 will be closed. Westbound I-10 on-ramps at Elliot, Baseline and Broadway roads also will be closed as will westbound US 60 on-ramps at McClintock Drive, Rural Road and Mill Avenue.
Detour: Allow extra travel time. Westbound I-10 traffic can detour on eastbound Loop 202 or eastbound US 60 to northbound Loop 101 and use westbound Loop 202 to reach I-10 (and Sky Harbor Airport) beyond the closure.
Note: 40th Street also will be closed in both directions between I-10 and Broadway Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at 40th Street also will be closed. Detours will be in place.
- Eastbound I-10 will be closed between SR 143/48th Street and US 60 from 10 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday for the I-10 Broadway Curve improvement project.
Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 40th Street and Broadway Road also will be closed. Detour: Consider using eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) to southbound Loop 101 and westbound US 60 to connect with eastbound I-10 beyond the closure. Eastbound I-10 traffic exiting at 48th Street will be able to use detour routes.
- Northbound I-17 will be closed between Union Hills Drive and Pinnacle Peak Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for a pavement improvement project.
Northbound I-17 on-ramps between Thunderbird and Bell roads and at Yorkshire Drive and Deer Valley Road will be closed. Detours: Consider exiting ahead of the closure and using local routes, including northbound 19th or 35th ave ues, before entering northbound I-17 beyond the closure.
The northbound I-17 on-ramp at Pinnacle Peak Road will be open. Drivers on Deer Valley Road will be able to use the northbound I-17 frontage road to Pinnacle Peak Road, according to ADOT. Note: Both Loop 101 ramps to northbound I-17 will be closed from 7 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 24). Loop 101 access to northbound I-17 will be available until Saturday evening.
- Westbound Loop 303 will be closed between I-17 and Lake Pleasant Parkway from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for construction.
I-17 off-ramps at Loop 303 will be restricted with access to Sonoran Desert Drive (east of I-17). I-17 on-ramps at Loop 303 will remain open. Detour: Alternate routes include westbound SR 74 to southbound Lake Pleasant Parkway to enter Loop 303 beyond the closure.
- Northbound Loop 101 will be narrowed to one lane (left three lanes closed) overnight between Thunderbird Road and 75th Avenue in the northwest Valley from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights, Oct. 23-27 for pavement maintenance.